Monday, March 10, 2008

Quarterly update

Hi, all!

Sorry about the absence. I was busy writing my memoir about being raised by wolves in South Central L.A. But I'm finally finished and have found a publisher and now I can concentrate on this blog.

Not much going on around here. We are making butternut squash soup for supper. Yum!

Monty twisted his ankle or whatever it is dogs sometimes do to their legs when he went after a tennis ball I'd thrown at the park last night. He yelped and then started limping, so we immediately came home. He acted sad and just laid around the rest of the evening, not touching his dinner. I gave him one Advil and petted him and babied him. He seems better today, although Derek said he was limping a bit on their walk today.

Jerry and I finally decided a trip to Target was in order yesterday (we had to stock up on toilet paper--for ME, as Jerry does not poop). We steeled ourselves and braved the screaming children and secured our toothbrush heads, rechargeable batteries, and other important items. To reward ourselves, we went to Handlebar for vegetarian chili cheese fries and a Green Meanie (avocado, sprouts, tomato, Green Goddess dressing on toasted wheat). Oh, it was good!

I went to spinning class this morning, for the first time ever. It was pretty cool. It was actually pretty hard, as well, but I enjoyed it a lot. I think the interval work will make me faster on a real bike, and if not, the cardiovascular conditioning will be worth the effort. Remind me to tell you about the irritating exhibitionist (in the locker room, that is) who is in the class.